Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Big 2-7

I've been waiting all week to write. That's a lot of W's... Last weekend I think I posted 3 entries. This weekend, I can't think of anything to say. Instead of planning out what I want to write beforehand, I think I'm just going to wing this one and say exactly what's on my mind in this very moment. Are you ready for this?

I've been really excited the past few days over talks I've had with my boyfriend. Talks of getting married (which we talk about almost daily, it's romantically inevitable :)), of buying a house together, of him buying a new car, and of me turning 27. Most of the things we are planning for each other will probably happen over the course of the next 2 or 3 years and we both couldn't be happier. Turning 27, on the other hand, is less than a couple of months away, and I can't decide how I feel about it just yet.

What happens when a lady turns 27? I already supposedly have lowered insurance rates, even though I never noticed any difference. I can already drink alcohol, vote, drive, rent a car, get a job, rent or even buy a house, manage my own 401K, get a passport, and see rated R movies. The exciting ages seem to be 16, 18, and 21. The other birthdays get passed over. What is something, anything, exciting about 27? I'm determined to find something... Google, let's do this.

Here are some lovely gems that I found:

"At the age of 27 this young woman at the height of her reproductive years was sterilized to "protect the planet"."

"Maryland State Police airlifted the 27-year-old woman to Prince George's County Hospital Center early Sunday morning after she was injured in an incident involving a sex toy attached to a saber saw blade, TheBayNet.com first reported. Investigators talked to the woman, who told them she suffered the injuries during a consensual act and that she and her partner were trying something new and no crime was committed, the sheriff's office said."

Headline reads, "SC ruling: 27-year-old ‘woman’ is ‘male’"

Yahoo's Question reads, "do you think it is okay for a 27 year old woman to date a 20 year old man?"

Yahoo's Best Answer reads, "No."

Thanks Yahoo! Jerk faces...

Headline reads, "27-Year-Old Woman Stabbed for 'Dating a Man'"

Okay, I think that's plenty! There are some messed up and very unlucky 27 year old women out there! I've got it really, really, really good! What would my headline read?

"27 year old woman has the perfect boyfriend, cheap rent, creative career with health insurance and 401K, dependable car, and a wealth of hobbies to keep her busy. So, why is she looking on Google to remind her of how lucky she is?"


*Click on the "27's" if you want to see the source of what I found on my Google search.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Happy 27th...six weeks early!