Saturday, August 16, 2008

MIA

It's Saturday morning and I've been googling vegan recipes on my neighbor's laptop for the past 2 hours. This is what I do these days. I'm on my third month of my professional crafting position at HL and it's still amazing and unpredictable. I haven't made anything at home in months, aside from Ryan's 1 year anniversary shadow box, which I still need to post images of. I really do get my fix to create at my job and I don't mind that at all. I have, however, taken on an interest in baking. I've written down tons of vegan recipes but have yet to experiment. I'm thinking today is the day.

The OSU Farmer's Market wasn't as busy as I had expected at 8AM this morning. I'm guessing since the sky was cloudy, the typical early birds must've thought they were going to melt if it had started sprinkling. The same fragrance oils and tiny selection of vegan breads that are available each Saturday, still tempted me. I bought a very sweet vanilla fragrance oil and a tomato basil bread. I'm waiting until we've made the hummus to try it out, though. We get enough fresh veggies from friends and family, thankfully, so I keep going in hopes that one day someone will be selling fresh hummus or specifically vegan pastries or other handmade goods. I'd probably buy out their stock if that ever happened...

So today is hummus day, and possibly vegan cheesecake and brownie day. I also saw a great recipe for peanut butter and chocolate fudge. I'll post a link and the recipe if all goes well. I'd hate to recommend a recipe I've yet to try first.

Wish me luck, and I'll try to post more regularly, but no promises. It's more enjoyable for me to experience things, wrap myself up in them, and talk about them later.

Have a great weekend!
-Kelli

No comments: