Sunday, August 30, 2009

Books, Check 'Em Out!

I've really been on a reading kick lately. I can't stop shopping for books. Well, more perusing than spending, but still. I officially went over the dork end a couple of months ago and don't regret it for a second... I joined a Book of the Month Club for $10 a month. I have a book queue like Netflix and each month they send me the book at the top of the list. The awesome part is that I get to keep it. I don't have to ever send it back! I even got a hard-back this month.

I've been finding a lot of books about women in their mid-twenties seeking inspiration... go figure? Here is what I've read so far:

Julie and Julia by Julie Porter


The Lace Makers of Glenmara by Heather Barbieri


I couldn't put either of the books down... Reading about Julie and her cooking and Kate and her sewing... awwww! It's just so inspiring! I really feel that both stories have inspired me in my personal life. I recently went after a dream of mine and it's all coming true! Setting aside a little bit of time each day for some peace and quiet and a good, inspiring book, has been the perfectly gentle push I've needed to find my own inspiration.

I can't wait for my next book to arrive:

Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani


If you have any reccommendations of books I should read, please let me know. :)

No comments: