Saturday, January 24, 2009
I am going to try to sell my Ibanez accoustic electric guitar today to Guitar Center. This is my third guitar and I've had it for about 6 years and played it for only two of those years, if that. It was nice to play, but I only could ever remember three chords, which made Mazzy Star songs pretty simple to learn. Any time I would stop playing for awhile and come back to it, her songs were the only ones I could remember.
My first guitar was half-sized and purchased for me by my grandfather. He said to the salesman, "I need a guitar for my granddaughter, she's little." He forgot to mention that I was 18 at the time, not 6. I tradeded that in (which was quite an embarrassing experience) for my second guitar, which was a red and white Yamaha Pacifica electric, a good starter guitar, but I preferred the sound of accoustics. The Ibanez was purchased because my guitar-playing boyfriend at the time thought that I needed an accoustic-electric in case I ever decided to play in a band. I realize now that he didn't know me at all...
I've always been more drawn to keyboards and drums, anyway. There are a lot of memories in this shiny black guitar, but I think it's time to let the Ibanez find a new home.
I'm trying to decide what to spend the money on if they agree to buy it from me and if it's worth anything... Here are my choices:
1. Add to my full sleeve tattoo by David Bruehl fund.
2. Enroll in hip hop dance classes. I always wanted to be a fly girl and my moves are getting a little rusty...
3. Buy Rock Band so I can learn how to play the drums.
4. New shoes. I'm way overdue for new high-tops and ballet flats.
5. Replenish my thread supply. Hancock's is having a really big sale this weekend!
6. Find and buy a gocco machine. Or at least add this money to my gocco fund.
Feel free to add your suggestions! I'm really indecisive, so all comments are helpful.
Have a great Saturday,